Sunday, May 11, 2008

I have had a great day of breakfast in bed, with fresh strawberries, whip cream, and pecan waffles (after all he is linda's boy). I went to sacrament meeting and listen to some great talks on mothers, I could not help thinking of my mother and her mother. I am so thankful for a Grandmother who raised my mother to be who she is. I know that she was an amazing woman and did wonderful things for her family. She truly put her children first and was committed to teaching them what was right. I know she did a wonderful job because my mother is proof of this. I am so thankful for the example that she is to me in my life. I wonder in these years when I am making so many mistakes if my children will be able to say the same things about me. This task of motherhood is such a challenging one and I just hope that some day my children will feel the way I feel about my mother.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

hope you had a happy mother's day!!! i love the comments about your grandma and mom-very sweet! so when are you moving???

Tami Harris said...

I am so glad I found out that you were a blogger! I'm not a very good one, but I hope I can keep in touch with you this way!! I heard you guys are out of here in July, I know that you are probably so excited. I hope that you have some luck with getting your house sold. We just signed up with a leasing co. for our house by you. If you are interested in going that route, I can get you info! Let me know!! We sure miss you guys!!

Tami Harris said...

Okay Kelly- Time for an update! I want to know what you guys are up too!! :)