Sunday, September 23, 2007

I made it through the Fall Festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I will tell you that there were no problems with any of the kids and a million with all the crazy parents. I will not be in charge again next year( I promised Cole) and the main reason is that so many parents are crazy. We had a few fights at the silent auction, some one showed up with tickets from 2 years ago and wanted to use them. We had a group from the local dance studio get upset because their child wasn't getting the spotlight of the party because we told them they could come as long as they stayed away from our already set up party. This blog doesn't do it justice but I have yet to hear a complaint from a child. They all said they had a blast. I will finally now get to start the book Eclipse.

3 comments:

Joni said...

Don't ya just love working with other adults?! Sounds like you had a really FUN time! I'm glad you'll get a chance to start Eclipse, I want to hear what you think about it! I hope things will mellow out for you a litlle, atleast for a quick breather before another big project comes up!

laurakrummenacher said...

Good job taking that on, I wouldn't have done it. As Brent was reading my rough draft of the primary presentation he laughed at who I gave all the big parts to...all the kids who's parents would have a cow if they didn't get the big parts. Gotta love parents!

Andrea W. said...

You're bringing back flashes of primary and YW's. I was prepared to deal with the kids, but quickly found it was the adults that made it challenging. I hope I'm NEVER one of those adults.

I'm glad you survived Fall Festival and that it was a success. You won't have to do it next year because you'll be PTA Pres. :)