Friday, August 22, 2008

Ok I am still in the second week of school so I figure if I blog about it today, I won't be to far behind. We are all getting along pretty well. It is very hot and I will repeat very very hot. Cole keeps reminding me that I wanted to live here and I told him yes I do, but that doesn't change the fact that it is very very hot. I really do feel like I am at home and I have settled in quite nicely. Emily on the other hand is struggling a little. She gets so nervous about things that I am not sure why we didn't remember this. Everyone else seems to be settling in. Abby has all kinds of friends and has had multiple play dates. It seems every home in the neighborhood has a child Abby's age. Jackson is such an easy going kid that he seems to have taken it all in stride. On the first day of school Emily goes into the lunch room and sees Jackson eating alone. It breaks her heart and she begins to cry. Luckily Em has a wonderful cousin named Nate who has taken good care of her. When Jackson tells the story he says I wasn't eating alone I was waiting for my friend who was getting school lunch, like no big deal. There personalities couldn't be more different. I am afraid that Emily is me as a child. Even going to our ward for the first time , I was kind of hating it. That out of place feeling doesn't happen to stay at home moms very often. At the end of week two we have been doing pretty good and it seems even Em is getting used to the new surroundings. I have a little guilt in feeling so happy to be here while watching the kids adjust.

No comments: