Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The thing I forgot about the first part of school that I don't like is every one and their dog are trying to sell something for their school. We keep getting kids coming for band, sports, etc. Two days ago a boy came to the door and I had Cole answer it and if any of you know a Beecher boy is a sucker for any child selling something at their door. Cole has told me many times if I don't want him to buy something then don't have him answer the door. So he goes to the door and a boy has a box full of junk (it looked like dollar store items cole said) and he is selling them for $5.00 and what do you know Cole comes back with a candle that he bought for $5.00. So I say to him you were the one who said it was dollar store items why did you buy it not to mention he was not sure the boy had a team orcause he was earning money for. He just said he looked really hot and if you don't want me to buy something don't have me answer the door. I have learned my lesson for the final time. I must deal with the sales at the door....

9 comments:

*Monica* said...

It is totally the same way at our house. A girl came to the door selling Animated Stories from the Scriptures; now don't get me wrong I know they are a good product. They are just WAY too expensive. I let her in because she said she got credit just for showing the product. I already have the whole old testament set that my mom gave me. So after her presentation I call Rodger over to be the heavy and say no. Guess who is now the proud owner of FOUR sets of the animated stories, yep you guessed it! He is the same way with school fund raisers and book fairs, I give up.

*Monica* said...

BTW, call me back, I lost your new number already!

Andrea W. said...

LOL. That Cole, what a softie! On the phone Brennan can be strong, but face to face especially with kids he just can't say no.

Jodiane said...

Kelly, i just wanted to say, i wish you could be my personal trainer too. Shoot. i hear ak and glenna are looking fantastic.

Jodi

*Monica* said...

I am completely cracking up that you have started another blog for yourself called Rodger and Monica. I'm sure you were trying to fix the link to my blog, but think you went wrong somewhere. OUr new address is www.hansonhicks.blogspot.com

*Monica* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stephanie said...

that is pretty funny, where did you guys move too..so i can watch out for that one :)

It's That Simple said...

Kelly, I found your cute blog by accident a little while ago thinking.....oh, cole beecher family......then OH! That is Cole and Kelly's family. Way random and weird. Anyway, your family is just cute, cute, cute. Email me if you want. I attached my email link to the comment!
-Natalie (Hopefully you'll recognize my married name on my email!)

*Monica* said...

If you ever decide to visit blog land again you will see that I have tagged you. =)